The Hibler Law Firm

Divorce, Child Support, Adoption
Phone: 713-581-8297
Toll Free: 877-447-2394

Same Sex Couples Adoption

Helping Texas Parents Receive Legal Rights

The birth of a child is one of the happiest times in any parent’s life. However, when a child is unplanned or arrives in the midst of disagreements between unmarried parents, the excitement is often dampened and can lead to many problems. If you are fighting to receive your rights as a father, or if you are a mother looking to establish the identity of a father, working with an experienced lawyer can help.

Attorney Patricia Hibler, from The Hibler Law Firm, has helped countless fathers and mothers throughout the Houston area meet their responsibilities and obligations as parents. Paternity issues can lead to many uncertainties and obligations, and Ms. Hibler’s goal is to help prepare fathers and mothers for their new future as a parent. With 37 years of experience, she understands the frustrations and struggles that parents face as they work through the legal system. Contact her online or call 713-581-8297 to schedule your appointment.

Balancing Parental Rights and Responsibilities

In order for a father to have parenting rights to his child, paternity must be established. Once paternity is proven, fathers are allowed parenting rights to their children. This includes child custody and visitation arrangements.

In addition to the joy of spending time with a child, there are also responsibilities to being a parent. If you are a mother who needs assistance getting a new father to meet those responsibilities, Ms. Hibler can help. Once paternity is established, fathers are expected to help financially. Child support is used to cover expenses such as:

  • Health insurance
  • Food
  • Clothes
  • Daily living expenses


While some families moving through the legal system are experiencing tense times, other people are excited about building their family. Adoptions, especially stepparent adoption, often helps legally solidify a family that is already enjoying life together. Occasionally, a biological father or mother cannot be located, has passed away or is no longer supporting the child. The Hibler Law Firm can assist will all aspects of stepparent or private adoptions, including a name change for the child, if necessary.

Contact the firm online or call 713-581-8297 to schedule your appointment.