The Hibler Law Firm

Divorce, Child Support, Adoption
Phone: 713-581-8297
Toll Free: 877-447-2394

Houston Child Support Modification Lawyer

Common life events — such as the marriage or divorce of one parent, a career change or the permanent disability of a parent — call for modifications in child support.

The Houston-based law firm of The Hibler Law Firm has been helping parents throughout Texas modify yesterday’s child custody and support orders to reflect today’s support and custody needs.

Pasadena, Texas, Child Custody Modification Attorney: Custody And Support Orders That Work Today

At The Hibler Law Firm, attorney Patricia Hibler helps parents — whether in agreement as to the modification or disagreement over their rights and obligations — modify existing child support orders.

Changes in financial circumstances, such as a lost job, are grounds to modify a child support order. Income is used to calculate the amount of support owed each month — a reduction in that income will cause a reduction in child support obligations.

Changes in custody also affect child support obligations. If you have recently acquired more physical custody time with your child, you may be eligible for a support modification reducing the amount of support you are obligated pay to your child’s other parent.

Houston Child Support Modification Attorney

Due to changes in financial and custodial arrangements, parents may wish to alter their child support obligations. Because child support agreements need approval by judges, they are considered court orders; modifications to these agreements also need court approval.

As a family law lawyer, Ms. Hibler has been helping clients modify their custody and support orders for more than 37 years. She knows the Texas family law court system. She knows which life events call for changes to custody and support, as well as the types of modifications judges will approve and those they will not.

Call 713-581-8297 or contact the firm, The Hibler Law Firm, a Houston-based family law attorney, for help modifying your child custody and child support orders.